Today’s post is brought to you in association with Turquoise Holidays. Read on for some Asia vacation inspiration!
If there is one continent in the world that is guaranteed to awaken your child’s senses, enrich their cultural beliefs and values and send Pokémon running for the hills, it’s Asia. In just a week or two, this multi-dimensional melting pot of smells, tastes, lifestyle and nature will turn their world upside down and feed their imagination more than anywhere else on earth.
If you’re heading for the Far East, why not go the whole-hog and combine city with adventure and beach. Children are adaptable and resilient with minds that are hungry for new experiences and a spirit of adventure that craves excitement. Let them soak up the vibrant, noisy streets of Bangkok with its street food and entertainment, marvel at the soaring peaks of Hong Kong, the ancient cities of Vietnam and the temples of Cambodia. Allow them to exhilarate in the jungles of Borneo with the chattering of monkeys, the crashing of elephants through the bush and the call of the Hornbills. Give them the chance to swim off the white sand beaches and coral reefs of Thailand and Malaysia. We promise your kids won’t just thank you for it, they will remember it for the rest of their lives – and it might unjust unleash your inner child too!
Your Asia adventure starts here with our top ten family-tastic holidays:
- Start your journey in Bangkok with a hair- raising trip on a tuk-tuk through the pulsating city streets, malls and markets followed by a longtail boat ride down the Chao Praya River. Stay at the Peninsula Bangkok for cookery lessons and art classes or the calming tropical garden location of the Ananatara Bangkok Riverside, a chance to cool off before your next adventure ….
- Thailand’s Soneva Kiri is arguably the number one family resort in Asia and getting there is more than worth the effort. Set on the island of Koh Kood, the holiday begins 007-style with a flight by private jet from Bangkok. Excitement will build to fever pitch when they discover Asia’s most inventive kids’ club and the resort’s spectacular ‘Treepod’ dining high in the jungle canopy.
- For sheer ease and relaxation after the buzz of the city, we love the laidback resort of Rayavadee in Krabi, an easy hop from Bangkok. The stage is set magnificently with your dramatic arrival by boat on a beautiful peninsula surrounded by white sandy beaches and lush jungle, and you’ll stay in spacious two bedroom family pavilions.
- Koh Samui is perfect from Easter to October, making it an ideal family holiday during our spring and summer months, and with a choice of our family friendly resorts such as Melati Beach you simply couldn’t ask for more from a fly and flop, with plenty of activities to keep the children busy from dawn to dusk.
- If you have a thirst for adventure, stay in Thailand’s first luxury tented camp, Elephant Hills, in the Khao Sak National Park where children can hand wash and feed these magnificent creatures, trek through the jungle and stay on a floating river camp. Finish with a few days at Indigo Pearl on the north west shores of Phuket in huge family D-Buk Suites surrounded by its quirky tin mining history.
- Follow the call of the wild on a never-to-be-forgotten journey through the Borneo rainforest to see Orang Utans, starting in Kota Kinabalu and finishing with a few days on a tropical eco-island paradise, Gaya Island – a veritable treasure-pot of jungle and marine life.
- Young culture vultures will love to venture through Vietnam, with a mix of old world charm in Hanoi followed by a cruise on a Vietnamese junk through beautiful Halong Bay with lots of swimming and snorkeling, and of course a trip down the Mekong Delta before relaxing at one of two Six Senses beach resorts. Teenage girls will fall for the spa at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay while youngsters with an eco-conscious nature will adore the island of Con Dao.
- Luxury and adventure blend effortlessly at the Four Seasons Langkawi, one of 99 islands rising out of Malaysia’s Andaman Sea. Family beach houses make superb living spaces and endless entertainment for all age is provided by The Kids for All Seasons Club, complete with nature walks, night markets, cycle rides to the paddy fields, watersports and mangrove safaris.
- Who can resist irresistible Indochina. Ziplining over the jungle canopy in the Angkor Park, mountain biking through the ancient walled cities, scrambling over ruined temples and taking boat journeys through the floating fishing villages will bring your very own Indiana Jones to life in glorious 4D technicolour.
- For the ultimate family holiday of a lifetime, just keep on travelling east! Combine a few days’ stopover in Asia with a trip Down Under, home to the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, kangaroos, koalas and Crocodile Dundee. Take the kids as far as you can – Australia.
Discover Asia for your Luxury Family Holiday with Turquoise Holidays. To speak to the Turquoise specialists, call (+44) 01494 678 400 today