We are midway through our Louisiana road trip and staying in a new place each night. It took a while for us to get in our packing groove, having left a few T-shirts in the wardrobe of our first hotel and a chargers in sockets. There is an art to departing a hotel room with everything intact, here are my tips!
- Deposit children on bed with iPad etc so you can pack up around them
- Check hotel safe for your valuables
- Go to bathroom, pull back shower curtain and collect up all your swimwear, toiletries etc
- Look behind the bathroom door to see if you have anything hanging up. Remove all items by the sinks
- Check under all the beds and rifle through the bedding (especially if your kids have been playing).
- Do a clean sweep of any travel cots/cribs (there’s always a dummy lurking behind)
- Check all the chargers to see you haven’t left anything plugged in, including travel chargers
- Open up the wardrobe in case you’ve left something hanging (same for the drawers)
- Check the fridge for leftover milk bottles and food.
- Help yourself to all the free toiletries, notepads, coffee capsules and pens!